Renovating an old house is dirty work. You have to disturb stuff that has not been touched in years. You find gross and disturbing things. You never know what you are going to find when you rip out a wall but you have to be willing to go there if you want things to change.
The renovation of our hearts and our city is dirty work too. We have to be bold and rip out walls that we have built knowing that we will find idols that have been in place for years. Then the crowbar of the gospel has to pry those disgusting idols out and they have to go to the dump. Good thing we know that ‘he who began a good work in us will carry it on to completion!’ Phil. 1:6
Kristi and I have discovered idols of our own lately that we have had to let go of as God has been cleaning our closets and moving us to a new place of ministry. We have sold our house in Salem and have finally closed on our fixer-upper in SE Roanoke and are looking forward to getting to work on it! To say that we need a lot of help is an understatement. We have a huge task ahead of us and we are not sure what we are going to find when we start ripping stuff out but we are excited to jump into the project. Many of you have graciously offered to help us when we get started and we want to take you up on that offer! Here is a schedule of some work dirty work days coming up in the next several weeks:
Saturday, March 31- 9am – 7pm Demolition on the house at 1139 Montrose Ave.
Saturday, April 7- 9am – 7pm Demolition on the house at 1139 Montrose Ave.
Saturday, April 14- 9am – 7pm Moving Day- meet at 2714 Titleist Dr. in Salem
Here are some dirty details about the work days and other stuff-
- Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated!
- You don’t have to be there the entire work day. Do what works for your schedule.
- Bring gloves, friends, and any tools that you think will be helpful.
- Email me and let me know when you can make it so I can know how many to expect.
- We’ll be working almost every day. You can volunteer at other times besides the ones listed.
- If you know skilled trade workers who may want to volunteer their services please let me know.
- Don’t want to get dirty? You can help just by sharing this post on facebook! (see button below)
Pray for the renovation of the house and the renovation of the city as well. Pray for our neighbors that we have already started to reach out to. Pray that God will continue to change us too!
You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org