Here are some ways that you or your group can get involved with City Mission and the movement going on in Roanoke
Saturday Breakfast – Come serve breakfast one Saturday morning from 10-11 in one of the communities that we have adopted. Volunteers arrive on site at 9:15am to start setting up and usually leave by 11:15.
- Come have fun, cook eggs and pancakes, and have breakfast in one of these communities. Play a game with the boys, paint nails with the girls, or drink coffee with the parents.
- After checking it out, you may want to have your group or church commit to lead an entire breakfast location once or twice a month for an entire spring or fall season. Training and supplies are provided!
- Make a donation to cover the cost of a breakfast. Each Saturday breakfast costs about $50. Pray about being a regular, monthly contributor.
Mentor a Kid – Come and meet the kids one Saturday morning and then start mentoring one or more of them during the week.
- Mentor a kid by meeting with them weekly to be a coach, tutor, and friend. Take them to church service with you.
- ‘Adopt’ a small group of boys or girls and meet with them monthly for things like camping, hiking, ice cream, etc…
- Start a weekly or bi-weekly small group in the neighborhood for boys or girls.
Reach a New Community- Start a new expression of City Mission in a neighborhood that you have a heart for.
- Come and participate in one of our existing groups for a few weeks.
- Let us help you or your group start your own expression of God’s love in a community of your choice.
If you would like to volunteer in any of these areas or do more then please email firstname.lastname@example.org